Thermal Camera Imaging Brought to Your Daily Life, See Things Like Never Before
The DIY-Thermocam is a low-cost, do-it-yourself thermographic camera project intended for everyone that is interested in thermal imaging. The aim of this project is to give private persons, educational institutes or small companies access to a portable and open-source thermal imaging platform that is based on a good thermal imaging industry solution in the form of FLIR’s Lepton thermal imaging sensor. There are various applications for thermographic cameras such as finding heat leaks in the insulation of buildings including windows, the analysis of electric or mechanical components, the detection of persons or animals, the production of electronic components that get hot and a lot more. The DIY-Thermocam is being offered as an easy to assemble kit with 75 single components, allowing you to take advantage of the versatile possibilities of thermal imaging without the need to purchase a commercially available solution that will be closed source and hardware and may cost you much more.
The self-assembly kit of the DIY-Thermocam is currently available for 429 EURO with no extra tax and with free shipping and it contains all the components you need to create your own thermal imager at home. The assembly process takes about 2-4 hours, depending on your speed and experience with the soldering iron. You only need a (basic) soldering iron, a knife, some tape and a screwdriver to make it. The soldering procedure is easy: No SMD components, only big through-hole parts and modules. You will get a nice illustrated assembly guide will lead you through the assembly process.
The self-assembly kit contains:
– 80×60 pixel thermal array sensor (FLIR Lepton)
– Single-point infrared sensor with laser marker
– ARM Cortex M4 microcontroller
– 2500 mAh lithium polymer battery
– 3.2 inch color touch display
– 640×480 pixel visual camera
– Charger & voltage booster
– Thermal array sensor breakout board
– Custom PCB
– Custom laser-cut enclosure out of black acrylic
– 2GB micro SD card
– micro USB cable
– 70 other components like resistors, wires, bolts & nuts, etc.
– Illustrated assembly guide, manual & how-to guides